Matthew 6:25 - 27

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

Monday, February 8, 2010

Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear...

"He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. This is why I speak to them in parables:

'Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand."
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
"You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.'

But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear."


This is my daily prayer: "Lord, give me ears to hear, and a heart that understands." I believe, if we are listening, He is constantly speaking to us. He is asking us to "turn" from our own ways, from our own understanding so that He can heal us ... comfort and restore us ... guide us through the confusing twists and turns of life ... give us hope ... and lead us on the path of life.

The more I hear His voice, the more I want to listen! Jesus once said, "The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life." After that many turned away from Him. When He asked Peter if he would leave too, Peter responded, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." Indeed! Where else are we to go? His words are eternal life! Not just life after death, but LIFE now in this world! Life without Him is like living in black and white and on just one plain. LIFE is in full-color and multi-dimensional!

These days, I "hear" many things spoken to my spirit. I'd like to share some of them with you from time to time. In Matthew 10:27, Jesus tells us that what He tells us in the dark, we are to speak in the daylight, and what is whispered in our ears, we are to proclaim from the roofs. It's time to "let our light shine"! It's time to hear "what the Spirit is saying to the Church"! God Bless your ears to hear!

~ Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've visited with me today! I'd love to hear from you, too!